Happy Election Day! This is the latest day in The Perfect Agency Project’s Rebrand The Day series, which aims to create a new, more interesting way to view each day. We explored a number of ways to reframe Election Day. At first we really liked, ‘Adults Wearing Stickers Day!’ But we also noticed that since the rise of the mobile phone, voting is the one thing Americans still do in a booth. So maybe we should greet each other today with, “Happy Booth Day!”
But beyond stickers and revisiting the wonders and confines of a booth, this day has other, much greater significance. That’s why we’re rebranding Election Day as:
The Big F-ing Day.
It has a nice ring to it, right? It sounds naughty. Which means kids will remember it. That makes it easier for parents and educators to teach the significance of this day. But the best reason to think of today as The Big F-ing Day is that today we make major decisions that impact our F’s.
- Our Future: Decisions we make today will impact everything that happens next.
- Our Freedom: Our liberties and the liberties of others around the world will be effected by our actions today.
- Our Foreign Relations: The trust, respect, collaboration and admiration of other nations is impacted by our decisions.
- Our Finances: Our taxes and our healthcare costs will rise or fall based on the actions of the day.
- Our Funding: The money to support the projects, causes, institutions and organizations we care about are influenced today.
- Our Foundation: The US constitution, the court system and the interpretation of our laws hang in the balance today.
- Our Fun: Access to public lands and protection of our environment will shift today.
- Our Flexibility: Our acceptance of others is in play today.
Fellow Americans, make sure you are doing your F-ing job today. Please, get out there and F-ing vote. It is really F-ing important.